Destination Wedding in Jaipur


Manveen and Nevreen were married in a traditional Indian wedding at the gorgeous Vijayran Palace in Jaipur. Each colorful and vibrant ceremony was captured in stunning shots by Sunny Dhiman Photography.



How They Met
The bride says, “Manveen and I first began talking on August 18, 2017. We met through a mutual family friend of our parents. After some initial awkwardness, we had lunch and a great time chatting for an entire day. He kept making me laugh the whole time; my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. The next day we went to the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. When no one was around, Manveen pulled me close and started to dance. I was happy to see this romantic side of him. I felt like a princess with her prince.”

Sharing a sweet and hilarious anecdote from their courtship, Nevreen says, “On October 1, my parents and I decided to take Manveen out to Paul Martin for dinner. Manveen ordered shrimp that night not knowing what the future had in store. As we were eating, he tried to separate the tail from the shrimp. As he did so, the shrimp flew off his plate! He thought it hit my mom and immediately started apologizing. Mom reassured him everything was okay and everyone continued to eat. After a while, I picked my glass to sip some water and realized it had an odd taste. I looked down at my glass and there it was - the shrimp had actually landed in my glass! I showed it to everyone and we laughed hysterically. That night was one of my favorites. It just reassured me that Manveen and I, along with our families, would have many laughs to share in the future.”



The Proposal 
“As time went on, whenever we were with each other in California and in Texas, people always assumed that we were married or engaged. We considered this to be a good sign. On March 24, 2018, I went to visit Manveen. He had arranged a photoshoot and picked me up at 9 am. We proceeded to the Dallas Arboretum (botanical garden). Manveen and the photographers had shortlisted the places where we’d take pictures and I just followed. At noon (the same time as we had first met in person), we decided to go to this beautiful open area surrounded by flowers and a field of grass. One of the photographers thought it would be a great idea to have me throw rose petals in the air as I twirled. I practiced twirling a couple of times before actually throwing them. We finally decided to do a live shot and, as I threw the flowers and completed my spin, I saw Manveen on one knee with a ring in his hand. I was so shocked and speechless. I had no idea that this would happen on the trip. I could not have asked for anyone other than Manveen and am blessed to have someone like him to call my husband.”

Wedding Functions 

Haldi 
The Vijayran Palace’s location and grandeur made Nevreen and Manveen’s wedding celebrations all the more lavish. The festivities began with the haldi ceremony; the couple’s loved ones joyfully celebrating the happy occasion. The laid-back bride and groom made a splash as they dove into the pool after the ceremony!

















Mehndi 
For the mehndi ceremony, the bride wore a vibrant outfit in shades of orange, yellow and green, while the groom donned a white kurta with a floral bandhgala and white bottoms. The ceremony started during the day and continued well into the night, with photographers capturing all the happy, emotional and goofy moments of the occasion.












Chooda
The bride’s smile was as bright as the sunny morning of her chooda ceremony. The fun rituals included dangling kaleerein over the heads of the unmarried women present at the wedding.

Wedding 
The wedding ceremony was a regal affair with the bride and groom looking stately against the stunning palace backdrop. The seating area for the guests was setup under a lovely canopy in the shades of pink. Attached to the seating section was the mandap that was decorated with an assortment of exotic flowers and tuberose streamers. Nevreen wore a crimson lehenga and Manveen arrived at the mandap in an ivory sherwani with a pink shawl and turban.

























Reception 
For the reception, the bride changed into an Indo-western outfit with a flowy velvet jacket over a pink skirt. The groom wore a black bandhgala. To the couple’s surprise, guests welcomed the couple in a fun crowd surf to get the celebrations going.









The Wedding Makers 
Venue: The Vijayran Palace, Jaipur
Wedding Planner: GMS Event Planners
Bride’s Outfits: Frontier Bridal Boutique, Canada (Wedding), Akriti by Ritika & Shakun (Haldi, Mehndi, Reception)
Groom’s Outfits: Panjab Bespoke, Mohali
Makeup: Shahid Naar, Amritsar

Photography & Videography: Sunny Dhiman Photography

Comments

Post a Comment